– This weekend was definitely a Tail of Two Races. Sunday’s TEDTA CCC series race played out well for the power riders, while those who don’t like to pedal but are talented at turning were rewarded at Saturday’s NORGE Ski Jump CX race.
– In any event, thanks to Rob Curtis and the Psimet crew for hosting the race at the NORGE Ski Jump & to Chris Henning, the Northbrook Bicycle Club, and Flatlandia for hosting hosting Ted’ Excellent Double Track Adventure at the YMCA amp Duncan.
– The CCC series takes its 2nd and last break this weekend for Thanksgiving, but if you need to race there’s plenty to be had at Jingle Cross Rock in Iowa. Jingle Cross offers 3 days of racing and is a UCI C2/C1 event. We know of several CCC’ers heading West to race all weekend. Good luck to you all, and keep your mouths closed. If you eat any “dirt” head straight to the hospital.
– The CCC returns in two weeks for the 12th and last stop of the 2011 series… the big enchilada… the Illinois State Championship at Montrose Harbor hosted by Turin Cycles. Online reg is open and closes next Thursday evening.
– CX in Chicagoland doesn’t end at Montrose though… there’s still plenty of racing to be had… Badger Cross on 12/10 and 12/11 near Madison, the Afterglow hosted by Robots Powered by Love and the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew on Saturday 12/17 in Humboldt Park in Chicago… and then three of the biggest races of the year… the CCC’s New Year’s Resolution on 12/31 AND 1/1 at Indian Lakes, CX Nationals in Madison the week after, and then Masters World Championships in Louisville the week after that. Buckle up, its going to be a busy end (and beginning) of the year.
– The CCC would like to congratulate 16 year old Lionel Rocheleau of Wisconsin for being selected to attend Jeff Proctor’s Euro CrossCamp in Flanders over the Christmas holiday. There are quite a few US Pro heavyweights (well, not literally, they are cyclists) who are alumni of the Camp. If you’d like to help Lionel make it to Flanders you can help w/ donations here.
– If you’re looking to take a break for a weekend and relax, the CCC’s unofficial house band Los Borrachos are playing a Feliz Navidad Especial Extravaganza at Martyrs this Saturday November 26th at 8pm.
– A few of our promoters are still trying to get rid of unclaimed payouts from races earlier in the season. If you were in the money but didn’t pick up your loot, please contact the promoter directly. Otherwise the cash dollars will be donated to a charity of the promoter’s choosing.
– Tickets are now on sale for the CCC End of Season Awards Party on Sunday December 18th at EJ’s Place in Skokie. Please pre-reg so the kitchen at EJ’s can plan accordingly. The bar will be open all afternoon.
– A few more notes about the CCC New Year’s Resolution. Reg is open here. Discounted room rates are available but going quickly. Call or click today and use the Group Code (not the promo code) “CYC“. We could still use a few more volunteers to help us with setup on Friday and course marshaling on race day, so if you’d like to help out please contact us at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com.